*Learn how to surf - there is a 2 week surf camp out in California that I am so going to attend!
*Learn how to play the drums...but just for fun in my own privacy
*Catch a 200 lb. tarpon (this I can accomplish next summer, easily)
*Boat the Intercoastal highway from Rhode Island down to Texas
*Race a sailboat in Grand Haven, MI
This list is in addition to the usual travel Europe, learn Spanish fluently, read all of the classic novels, write a couple books, etc. See? How am I going to do it all?!
I wish there were more hours in the day so I could spend even more time with friends, start new hobbies and get really good at them, or swim in the Gulf longer. But, I guess the greatest thing about life is that it keeps rolling along bringing new experiences and adventures.
Life is just so good and so thrilling and I love it. I love new experiences and the moment right before you dive into the unknown where you wonder if you will make close friends and memories, and if the unknown will eventually become the well-known. Something I believe is so true is the quote in my title, "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." I hope I never just exist (looking at my life now, I don't foresee that as a problem!) but that everyday I live; I mean, really live.
There are way too many amazing people, good books, beautiful views, mysterious places, and things to learn to just sit by and exist or to not enjoy every moment or take a chance. That is why I love the next two quotes!
"Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly."
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

No comments:
Post a Comment