Pages

"Adventure isn't hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life - facing new challenges, seizing new opportunities, testing our resources against the unknown, and in the process, discovering our own unique potential." _John Amatt

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year

I seriously cannot believe 2009 is almost coming to an end. Before midnight on New Years Eve every year, I do two things. First, I always write down all of the ‘new’ things/events/changes that have occurred that were significant enough to write down. Secondly, I of course, make a few resolutions. So, here we go.

2009 has been a really big year. So much has changed for me. Some have been hardships and recovering. This year has also brought a lot of wonderful things, as well. Most of these events/changes are too personal and mean too much to me to even write down right now, and I don’t think my words at the moment would do how I feel about these things justice. I learned so much, and 2009 will forever remain a special year for me on so many levels.

Last year on this day I sat to write down my resolutions for 2009. At the time, I only wanted one thing, joy. There was not a huge list of things I wanted to change; I just wanted to learn to find joy amidst pain. Simple enough. I figured, the rest would come. It was not always easy at the beginning of 2009, I remember. Not even a little bit easy. But, I found joy. A lot of it, and through that, I learned so much. I thank God for bringing me through 2009, and not just ‘getting me through it,’ but actually bringing me such peace, joy, happiness, and strength. I have made so many new friends, and have made wonderful memories this year. I know that my 19 year old self last year on December 31, 2008 would have been thrilled to know what 2009 would have in store.

Today, I do have a few resolutions for 2010. I am sensing this will be a wonderful year:

-Really get good at pilates
-Rekindle my relationship with the piano…I know I say this every year, but this year I am for real
-Make several trips to Boca Grande
-Do the dishes in the apartment (I swear, guys, I really will ;)
-Get all As
-Learn how to cook something…anything will do at this point

I know I have more, but that is a pretty good list for right now.

So, thank you 2009, it was a beautiful year. And 2010, here we come. I am ready for a wild ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment