Pages

"Adventure isn't hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life - facing new challenges, seizing new opportunities, testing our resources against the unknown, and in the process, discovering our own unique potential." _John Amatt

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Life

Life the past week has obviously been crazy with the new job! However, I have fully enjoyed my time back in Indiana so far! I am mentally exhausted from everything, but wanted to put out some sort of update. Here are a few random and interesting facts that have hit me recently and has continued to remind me how sweet life is!

1. 1. Last night was two of my very good friends’ wedding day. Of course this meant a wonderful reception with about 60 of my closest friends dancing the whole night away. Needless to say, we had an amazing night. Before the night even began, a bunch of us went to Dunkin’ Donuts before the reception started. Did you know that you can get 5 donut holes for $1? And, you can mix and match flavors? Awesome, right?

2. 2. My new apartment is just great. Every day I look out the huge slider door in the living room and I see a Blue Heron.

3. 3. I have the best friends in the world. No, seriously, I do. They always make me laugh, and we have so many amazing memories that will keep us laughing for hours. And the best thing is that every time we see each other we make new memories so the list just keeps on building! I don’t want to know how boring my life would be without these girls and guys.

4. 4. True Fact: At every dance I have ever attended, prom, homecoming, and wedding receptions, I always somehow get a bloody toe/foot. Before the reception last night I actually wondered to myself if the same would happen at Christen and Spencer’s reception. Well, during Cupid Shuffle Danielle stepped on my toe and there the blood came! I would blame this bad luck on myself, but Danielle also stepped on Emily’s foot too, so it can’t be me. J

5. 5. My fifth graders are just great. They consistently make me laugh!

6. 6. I am currently obsessed with the song “No Diggity.” Hahah. It is ridiculous and I am pretty sure the song came out when I was in ninth grade or something, but I love it!

7. 7. Tomorrow is the first day of classes at Huntington University. This is the first year in four years that I will not be attending the “Stance” on campus tonight. My friends and I were talking about how this is kind of sad that it is all over and we are now watching others take our spot. But, we all thought it was pretty great that on the weekend where we would usually all be getting ready for classes to begin, we were still together enjoying a wonderful weekend together as adults.

8. 8. It hit me last night that I find so much joy out of seeing my friends’ parents. I think I am actually old enough to start to appreciate these adults in my life who have been there now for years watching me grow, just as they have their own children, my best friends. It was refreshing and felt like home last night when I saw Mark’s parents, Chels and Christen’s parents, Courtney’s parents, and so on. It was great to be able to laugh with them too, those people who in my years down in Indiana have been there for all of us in some way. And it was great to look at all of them and remember just how many times Mark’s mom made us all wonderful meals and had the best Super Bowl parties and see Courtney’s dad and hear him make some ridiculous joke again.

9. 9. I love oatmeal. I really do. I eat it every day at least once. I put a lot of extra stuff in it such as: cranberries, chocolate chips, blueberries, yogurt, granola, honey, and so on. Not all at once of course, but I consider oatmeal my thing…you can even ask my friends and previous roommates. Make it yourself with those ingredients in it. You can thank me later.

10. 10. Since I just brought up oatmeal, I will tell you that my mom makes the best homemade granola in the entire world. She made it all the time for me and my friends in college. They have all been telling me how much they miss my mom’s granola so when my parents come down for Labor Day weekend they are bringing some for us all!

11. 11. I think I found the key to keeping up your metabolism: dancing. You may not believe this, but it is true: I love eating and drinking pop (which has a lot of calories). I was told that in your early twenties your metabolism slows down. Here is the thing though; I promise you that if you turn on your music for at least a half hour a day and just dance, you will start to feel a difference. And, I mean dancing is fun and music is great, so you don’t even feel like you are working out. I have been dancing every day for the past five years and I think it’s the greatest thing ever.

12. 12. You should read the book, The Help. It is wonderful. I am seeing the movie this week and I cannot wait!

13. 13. Just booked my plane ticket to Florida for Christmas! I cannot wait to see and spend time with all of my southern friends!

14. 14. I seriously love all of the people I work with. They are so fun and a joy to be around!

15. 15. I got a new job, a new car and a new apartment all within three days. I feel like I signed my life away during that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment